To wrap up the semester, you’ll be investigating the work of a scientist currently doing biology-related research or a breakthrough in the field of Biology that has occurred within the past 3 – 5 years. Whether you choose to focus on a scientist or breakthrough, gather the following to work on your project:
- 5 Sources of Information
- 4 Images
- 3 Key Concepts vital to what the scientist’s work or the breakthrough
- 2 Important Events involved in the scientist’s work or in arriving at the breakthrough
- The One Big Thing that matters, e.g. what is the major contribution being made, or what is the future application?
Use these to prepare a short presentation consisting of 3 slides that convey the most important points. Your final presentation should be:
- Informative: have significant amounts of high-quality information
- Integrated: be organized into a coherent form
- Interesting: present information compellingly
- Insightful: reveal your efforts to identify patterns and form meaningful conclusions or speculation.
The presentation will be graded according to these criteria.